Financial Aid Information
Seniors who plan to enroll in college in 2020 can complete and submit the FAFSA starting October 1, 2019. The FAFSA form is needed to help determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid for a student. For more information, click here to visit the FAFSA website.
If you would like more information about Financial Aid and/or the FAFSA beforehand, check out Student Financial Aid 101 on YouTube. This is a video created by our former PHEAA rep, Marla Kane, to assist students and families. Mrs. Kane walks you through the presentation that she shares with students and families at our annual Financial Aid Night.
Mrs. Campman will be uploading all scholarships that come through the counselors’ offices to this page. Our hope is that this makes scholarship information more accessible to all of our students and their families. Please see below for currently available scholarships and continue to check this site often; it will be updated with new scholarships as they are shared with the Counseling Office. Click on the scholarship link below for information and/or the actual application in order to apply.
- Society of Women Engineers Scholarship – Open to female high school seniors who intend to major in engineering at their respective college or university. Evaluation is based on academic achievement, extracurricular and leadership activities, an evaluation form, and an original essay. Due Date: February 2, 2020
- Louise V. Nelson Nursing Scholarship – This scholarship is available to any high school senior residing in Pennsylvania. The applicant must provide a copy of their acceptance into an accredited nursing program. Due Date: February 15, 2020
- Mary Reider American History Scholarship – This scholarship is available to any high school senior residing in Pennsylvania. The applicant must provide a copy of their acceptance into a course of study in American History at an accredited college/university. Due Date: February 15, 2020
- Pennsylvania DAR Student Scholarship – Available to any high school senior residing in Pennsylvania. The applicant must provide a copy of their acceptance into an accredited program at a college/university. Eligibility is not limited to a specific field of area of study. Due Date: February 15, 2020
- Kay Ertel Scholarship – Open to female high school seniors in Lycoming County who are interested in public service and will pursue a college degree. Due Date: March 1, 2020
- Carl E. Stotz Little League Baseball Scholarship – Open to any graduating senior from a Lycoming County High School who is in good standing and academically in the top twenty-five percent (25%) of his or her class as determined by class rank. Student must be a good citizen whose spirit exemplifies effort, determination and persistence in attempting to reach a goal. Due Date: March 2, 2020
- John Sharp Memorial Scholarship – Open to high school seniors who are members of the Horizon Federal Credit Union with a GPA of a 2.5 or higher. Must be accepted as a full-time student at a college/university for the fall of 2020. Due Date: March 27, 2020
- The Fairfield Auto Group/Lycoming County Republican Committee Scholarship – Available to any high school senior residing in Lycoming County, who in the fall of 2020 will be attending a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four year college or university or vocational-technical school. The winners will be selected by their Scholarship Selection Committee based on an interview, essay, and letter of recommendation. Due Date: March 28, 2020
- Richard L. and Miriam L. Swan Mix Student Historian Award – Open to all high school seniors in Lycoming County. Requires an essay on an artifact or an exhibit displayed at the Taber Museum of Williamsport. Due Date: April 17, 2020
*** Please visit Fastweb.com for more scholarship opportunities. This website will ask students to create a free, personal profile. Once completed, Fastweb will send details on specific scholarships that you could be eligible based off of the information provided in your profile. Fastweb has over $3.4 billion worth of scholarship money in their database – and this number grows daily!